: Please click the link above for the entire TIPS resource list.
Best Practice: Team Initiated Problem Solving with Anne Todd
Top 5 TIPS Tips for Teams (Click here to read article and watch video)
TIPS Team Readiness Checklist
The following video walks through the TIPS Readiness Checklist that teams can use to assess their readiness to implement Team-Initiated Problem Solving.
TIPS Fidelity Checklist (TIPS FC)
The TIPS FC serves a critical piece in the implementation of TIPS that can be completed by teams and/or coaches as a means of assessing the functioning of problem solving teams.
The following video provides an overview of the use and scoring process for the TIPS Fidelity Checklist.
Skill Building Materials
Essential Skills for Minute Takers
Essential Skills for Data Analysists
Video - Drilling Down into Problems with Prevision in SWIS
- PBIS Team TIPS Meeting Minute
- Meeting Minute Forms for Individual Student
- Individual Student Support Team Protocol (NEW)
- Individual Support Team Meeting Foundations (NEW)
- Individual Student Meeting Minute Template (NEW)
- TIPS Meeting Minutes for Individual Student (MS Word) Download
- TIPS Meeting Minutes for Multiple Students in 1 Meeting (MS Word) Download
- Meeting Foundations and Minute Templates for All Tiers (NEW)
- Tier I
- Tier II
- Tier III
Aligning Solutions with Precise Problems
Video - Helpful Resources to Align Solutions with Precise Problem Statements
Documents for the 'Helpful Resources to Align Solutions with Precise Problem Statements' video
- Solutions Available in Your School Resource Mapping Matrix (MS Word) Download
- ICEL Factors for Solution Alignment (PDF) Download
- A Quick Guide to Initiating Function-Based Solution Brainstorming (PDF) Download
Data Analyst Worksheet
This video guides Data Analysts through steps to review data at the "Big Picture" level, gather outcome data for previously-defined problems, and scan data for potential new problems that can be shared with problem solving teams.
Fidelity of Implementation Measures
Video- This video explains different measures for gathering fidelity data to evaluate whether a solution has been implemented with high integrity in the TIPS process.
Take Home Task Activity
Using SWIS to Define Precise Problem Statements
Using SWIS to Identify Frequency of Problems