Explore all that is new and exciting with PBIS.
PBIS in News Media (01/19/17)
- Get Ahead of Bullying and Hate Speech, Says Education Expert (Jan 2017, UConn Today)- The dangerous effects of hate being modeled and reinforced on a national stage. A positive, proactive approach has been proven to be a far more effective strategy.
PBIS in News Media (01/19/17)
- Marblehead school's behavior program fosters positive change (Jan 2017, Marblehead Reporter)- Showing you are responsible, respectful and safe can be positively rewarding in the Marblehead Public School district these days.
Evaluation Briefs (01/19/17)
- Status of High School PBIS Implementation in the U.S. By Freeman, J., Wilkenson, S., Vanlone, J.
Technical Briefs (01/18/17)
Methuen Public Schools PBIS Followup (Methuen, MA) (01/13/17)
SCTG Webinar Invitation (01/11/17)
- Integrating trauma informed support in MTSS by Lucille Eber and Susan Barrett (01/26/2017 10:00 AM Pacific Time)
- RP in PBIS by Jessica Swain-Bradway (02/16/2017 10:00 AM Pacific Time)
SCTG Webinar Video - Integrating Systems Framework (12/22/16)
SCTG Webinar Video - Building and Measuring Regional and District Capacity to Implement MTSS (12/22/16)
SCTG Webinar Video - Systems to Support Teachers' Implementation of PBIS in the Classroom (12/22/16)
PBIS Equity Guide (12/20/16)
- PBIS Cultural Responsiveness Field Guide: Resources for Trainers and Coaches
by Milaney Leverson, Kent Smith, Kent McIntosh, Jennifer Rose, & Sarah Pinkelman
New 'Tier 3 Supports' pages - Please check our new content pages for Tier 3 supports (12/15/16)
- Main Tier 3 Supports page (Advanced Organizer)
- The meeting videos are designed for coaches and trainers to provide examples of different teams using the TIPS model with both social and academic behavior. Related materials such as data and meeting minutes are available.
WHITE HOUSE REPORT: The Continuing Need To Rethink Discipline(12/09/16) - The White House released a new capstone report with updates about projects launched and local progress made in response to the Administration's Rethink Discipline efforts. Rethink Discipline was launched as part of President Barack Obama's My Brothers' Keeper initiative and aims to support all students and promote a welcome and safe climate in schools. The full report is available HERE.
FACT SHEET: Reducing Recidivism for Justice-Involved Youth (12/05/16) - The U.S. Department of Education announced today the release of new guides and resources to help justice-involved youth transition back to traditional school settings.
King Sends Letter to States Calling for an End to Corporal Punishment in Schools (11/23/16)- U.S. Education Secretary John B. King Jr. sent a letter urging state leaders to end the use of corporal punishment in schools, a practice repeatedly linked to harmful short-term and long-term outcomes for students.
SCTG Webinar Invitation (11/23/16)
SCTG Webinar Invitation (11/16/16)
- SCTG Webinar: Building and Measuring Regional and District Capacity to Implement MTSS (November 17, 2016)
TIPS Team Meeting Materials (11/16/16)
- Intro TIPS- Getting Started Meeting Minute Template
- TIPS Basic Meeting Minute- portrait
- PBIS District Implementation Team Minute Template
- Tier 2 Meeting Minute Template
- Tier 2-3 Meeting Minute Template - 1
- Tier 2-3 Meeting Minute Template - 2
MIBLSI State Conference (Lansing, MI) (11/15/16)
Netherlands PBIS Conference (Utrecht, Netherlands) (11/13/16)
SCTG Webinar Video (11/12/16)
- Video: SEA- Integrating AWARE, SCT and PBIS at the District and State Levels
- PowerPoint for the Webinar
2016 National Leadership Forum Tweets (11/08/16)
PBIS Maine Conference (Augusta, ME) (11/07/16)
PBIS Evaluation Examples (11/04/16)
Safe and Respectful Learning Environment Conference (Reno, NV) (11/01/16)
- Implicit Bias in School Discipline Decisions: Strategies to Enhance Equity
- Integrating Practices Using an MTSS Model
2016 National Leadership Forum Materials (10/26/16)
- Please check our presentation page for 2016 National Leadership Forum materials (PowerPoints and Handouts)
Technical Brief (10/23/16)
- School Climate: Academic Achievement and Social Behavior Competence
- Every Student Succeeds Act: Why School Climate Should Be One of Your Indicators
- Non-Regulatory Guidance: Student Support and Academic Enrichment Grants - The U.S. Department of Education issued a guidance that contains examples of, adaptations of, and links to resources created and maintained by other public and private organizations. PBIS is one of the few authorized activities that impacts both safe and supportive learning environments as well as physical and mental health.
Evaluation Example (10/18/16)
TIPS Material Updates & Trainer Page (10/07/16)
MSLBD - 2016 Conference On Behavior Issues For School Leaders (Overland Park, KS) (10/06/16)
School Mental Health Research Summit (San Diego, CA) (09/28/16)
Pyramid Equity Project Fact Sheet (09/20/16)
- Promoting Social Emotional Competence and Addressing Disproportionate Discipline in Early Childhood Programs
Future SCTG Webinar Schedule (09/19/16)
SCTG Webinar Invitation (09/19/16)
- SCT, AWARE and PBIS: : An Integrated Multi-tiered Approach by Heather Peshak George and Don Kincaid (Sep 23, 2016)
SCTG Webinar Invitation (09/14/16)
- CTG Webinar Series: Systems to Support Teachers' Implementation of PBIS in the Classroom by Brandi Simonson (Sep 22, 2016)
PBIS Maryland Coaches Conferences (Baltimore, MD) (09/13/16)
Chelmsford Public Schools Opening Day (Chelmsford, MA) (09/05/16)
Monterey Peninsula Unified School District PBIS Training (Monterey, CA) (09/02/16)
SCTG SEA Webinar Video (08/30/16)
Billerica Public Schools -Opening Day Conference (Billerica, MA) (08/29/16)
Boston Public Schools - Special Education Sharpen Your Skills Conference (Randolph, MA) (08/29/16)
Systematic Screening Video Series from CI3T (08/20/16)
Please visit our video page for the Systematic Screening video clips. Topics addressed in the video series include:
- Introduction to Systematic Screening
- Features Central to Multi tiered Systems
- Systematic Screening for Behavior Disorders
- Student Risk Screening Scale
- Examining Your Screening Data Implications for Primary Prevention Efforts
- Examining Your Screening Data Implications for Teachers
- Examining Your Screening Data Implications for Student based Interventions
- Concluding Thoughts on Screening
New Content Page (08/12/16)
Updated PD Blueprint for PBIS (08/10/16)
- The U.S. Department of Education's Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services (OSERS) issued guidance in the form of a Dear Colleague Letter (DCL) that emphasizes the requirement that schools provide positive behavioral supports to students with disabilities who need them.